Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Pretty Face


Due to request by friends, I shall begin my writing about mangas and animes. Today I shall comment on Pretty Face.

Hmm... It's been a while since I had read this manga. I read it when I first came to university, when I started my journey of downloading manga and anime.

It's about a guy who is all mighty is karate. This guy is a jerk who beats up every single person who annoys him. But he, as a normal person, like everyone else has a soft side. This soft side is specially just for the girl that he fell crazily in love with. He will actually thinks of his actions and words in front of her just so that she doesn't hear any bad words. Hmm... Kinda extreme, you would say? Well, the story goes on...
Randoh Masashi, the karate guy, had just won the national karate tournament (Hokkaido Tai Kai) and was gloating about it in the public bus on the way home. He noticed that Kurimi Rina was also in the same bus with him. Then he was alone as the others (including Rina) had reached their destination as the bus drove on a winding road of a hill.
It just so happens that the bus 'met' a car coming from the opposite way and lost control. The next thing Randoh know was he woke up on an operation table in a small clinic.
That's when the real story begins. He found out that he had been in a coma for one year. This doctor, Manabe, was the one who rescued him and fix him up for he was burnt real bad in the accident. The accident apparently had no survivors, meaning he's the sole survivor, and Manabe never knew who he was until Randoh himself woke up. But all that was done is done. Manabe said Randoh's face was badly burnt, therefore he had to perform plastic surgery on Randoh.

And you know WHAT? Manabe fix Randoh's face into Kurimi Rina's face. 100% identical. Except for Randoh's hair which was apparently bleached after the accident (not sure how but his hair turned from black into yellow(?). Family moved away, can not confide to any friends (cause he doesn't have any trustworthy friends) and he bumped into Rina!
Ooohhh......... That's exciting, right? Wanna know what happen next? Hmm... I'm tired, maybe I should leave it for tomorrow........

Just kidding ;P

It so happens that Rina actually had a twin sister who ran away two years ago. Coincidence? Hmm.... I'll leave it your judgement. Then Randoh was to live with the girl he likes as a GIRL....

The rest, go find out yourself. All I'll say is that he spent every single day of his after life getting stimulated, scared, angry, sad, and lots of other emotions that he never had to deal with before. Randoh really cares for Rina, in every way possible. He always say,

"Rina is the most precious person to me, as long as I'm here, I won't let any pest near her!"

The manga consists of 6 Volume with 56 Chapters. Anyone who wants a good laugh should really consider reading this manga!!

If there's any mistakes in this review, please inform me!

No comments: