Friday, September 9, 2011

Slam Dunk!

A famous manga and anime. I once liked this manga but I can never get through my own principle of not liking manga arts that are messy. I feel that the story is not bad. BUT the art is not good enough. I prefer another manga called "Dear Boys". I prefer the art, the storyline, and the growth of each character.

Let's get back to the topic, Slam Dunk. The manga has 31 volumes. I've read the manga in Malay language, never read it in English translation. I came across this manga in English translation, so am giving it a thought of whether I should reread the manga in English....

The main character in his chibi form:
Yes, he's forever frowning....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i like Slam dunk so much because it is funny. i think Takahiko inoue drew such wonderful pictures. maybe you think it's bad because not all the characters are drawn as handsome as Rukawa. but everyone has their own preference so i cannot say dear boys is bad.

しおり said...

the reason why i said the art's bad is because the amount of the sweat everywhere... it kinda gross me out... hahaha... but ok, i'll do it justice, it's not bad, it's just not really the type i prefer... the sweat do make it seem real but even on humans, we don't see that much sweat... hahaha...