Sunday, June 7, 2009

MAR




I recently reread the whole MAR series. I redownloaded, reread and am now still keeping it cause I am thinking of rereading it again.

Some may think that this manga/anime is a bit too childish but I don't think so. I mean, we all love fantasies, don't we? So what's wrong with combining all the fairytales that we read when we were kids into one cool story?

We get to see lots of fairytales characters in this one manga/anime in a very cool way. Plus the story mainly only shows the good side of those characters. Yes, I know it is a good vs. bad type of typical story but it is the way the mangaka reveals the story that makes me love it.

It is predictable yet suprising. The plot may be common but the story isn't. Having the chance to see Dorothy, Scarecrow, Rapunzel, Snow White, Jack and the Beanstalk, Pinocchio and so on altogether really cracks me up. PLUS my favourite character, Puss in Boots. He's the COOLEST. Yup. That he is.

If anyone out there have yet to see or read this wonderful manga, go to MangaTraders and download the full series after you become a member. THEN, buy the original if you really like it. Support the mangaka. He needs to feed his family and himself too, ya'know.
VERSUS
The story is mainly about our heroes, the MAR team vs. the bad guys, The Chess Pieces... For more information, go here.

No comments: